CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 17, 2010

No, seriously. He is a genius.


Ben is obsessed with books right now.  Really, really obsessed (I can't imagine where he gets that).  We easily "read" 30 books every day, and quite a few of those feature animals.  Apparently he's actually been paying attention because he suddenly knows all sorts of animal sounds:




We intentionally taught him most of these, but he caught on to the owl and dolphin sounds on his own.  I know, right?  My experience with 13-month-olds is a little limited, but I'll just go ahead and assert that this one is a genius.  Yet he doesn't seem to understand when I tell him not to throw things from his highchair...

10 comments:

WigintonFamily said...

wow. that is amazing. verrry amazing! asher knows none of his animal sounds. but that is more my fault than his. okay that would be totally my fault. anyway, way to go reading to him! i have heard also that boys pick up on more sounds and girls pick up on words.

i have three things i want to give you if you need/want them. 1. asher's walker. 2. asher's baby swing (the outside hang from a tree kind) and 3. a little table with buttons to bang on and listen to music.

i have some other exciting news but i am gonna make you call me to find this one out. (and it's got nothing to do with babies)

Mackenzie said...

Please post as many videos as you like. Ben is so cute!!!!

Amanda said...

Impressive! Is it just me or have you memorized all the books too?

Mackenzie said...

um, i think i've watched this video about 20 times now. my favorite animal sound is what the horse makes. i love how he scruntches up his little face when he says "neigh neigh neigh." also, i think you insulted him by asking what a dog says. that was way too easy.

Brian said...

yep, he's a genius. you can tell for sure if he notices when you try to skip a few pages to shorten the books. i've had a little experience with that with his mother.

Megan said...

Total genius, that kid! Gifted if ever I've seen one. As far as the throwing toys is concerned? Well, selective hearing ... he's got it.

Anonymous said...

I do not know if this will go.
no doubt he is a genius.but he could have gotten some smart from his granddad,or great great granddad
we love you all
great granddad Charles

Mollyanne said...

I am totally amazed and impressed, and I do have a good bit of experience with 13-month-olds. Why don't you and Ben come to GA and teach Hudson to talk, because I am really ready for some communication and it seems to be very slow going.

Micah said...

Mollyanne - maybe we could come in about a month, and Hudson could teach Ben to walk :)

Dawne C. said...

Ahh- had to watch it again & get my Ben fix :)