CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Ho, ho, ho!

This past weekend, Daniel and I were in a wedding for two lovely (former) members of our singles group at church. This was baby Ben's third time to be a bridesmaid -- always a bridesmaid, never a bride (please, Ben, never be a bride!).


Doesn't look too terrible here, but a full-body picture would reveal that Daniel wore house-shoes with his tux (thanks to a back-of-the-ankle injury that refuses to heal), and I bore an uncanny resemblance to a certain fictional Christmas character:

For some reason I also look like I don't have legs in that picture? Maybe it's the angle? This one captures the beauty of the dress/pregnant figure combo a little better:

Note how I don't so much look pregnant -- more just really huge. I think the white sash at the "natural waist" (please identify that part of my body right now) is really the icing on the cake. And here I am laughing/making my belly shake like a bowl full of jelly:

Ho, ho, ho! And finally, a proper belly shot (35 weeks, 1 day):

Here's to my final month of pregnancy, which will involve no more formalwear!

10 comments:

Megan said...

You are an adorable bridesmaid! :) But YAY for the last month of cooking! Wahoo ... in the home front now. Or ... maybe it's the calm before the storm. I never know which cliche to use during these times of cliche-giving. :)

WigintonFamily said...

i can't believe he's almost here! that can't be possible. i still didn't finish your blanket. yikes! i better get crackin on that.

Dawne C. said...

Ummm... your hair looks good :) Wish you had video of your Cha Cha Slide dance in that dress!
Only a little more than a month--- I don't know if I'm ready! Yes, I AM ready!

The Walkers said...

Wow! Being a bridesmaid is hard enough, but doing 3 TIMES while pregnant?!?!?!?! You get extra gold stars in your crown for that. And you look gorgeous, no matter what if may feel like. Congrats on being almost "there". I vote stock up THIS week on tums and talk to your dr. about taking a tylenol pm every now and then during the last few weeks. Can't wait to see Momma D's happy face when she is showing off pictures of Ben!!

Micah said...

Even the hair was a bit of a disaster. I broke in my brand new hot rollers, and the curl lasted until I got to the church. No exaggeration there. 10 minutes of curl :(

WigintonFamily said...

so much for that last month ;) i think it's funny you commented on your post today at noon! i'm sewing little ben's blanket today.

alisha herring said...

Great pics Micah! i am writing this on Wednesday night...Your mom was so excited and a bit frazzled about getting to CO this afternoon! Hope all is well...thinking and praying for you tonight!

shelmo said...

congrats on the baby. he was just in a rush to meet his grandpa, that's all.

shelmo said...

uhm... we're gonna need some baby pics STAT

Brian said...

I know for a fact that this post is out of date. Do you intend to correct that soon?