CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 21, 2009

Hiking with my honey


Today was the perfect day for a hike -- beautiful, cloudless sky and nothing pressing on the agenda for my baby daddy or me. We've wanted to hike Mt. Cutler for several weeks because we were told it's a nice, easy hike with good views, and it did not disappoint. Central Arkansas dwellers, it's probably easier than hiking Pinnacle Mountain (I think the elevation gain might even be smaller). Though it was difficult enough to make my round shape move pretty slowly and fuss at Daniel for not being conservative enough with our water rations :)



The views weren't too shabby, either. There were several nice overlooks like the one above, along with a couple of places where you could see parts of the city (that would be Colorado Springs) and the over-priced tourist attraction Seven Falls.

Brings out my inner supermodel. That's totally a supermodel pose, right? I think I'll submit this one to the Visitors' Bureau for their promotional material.

We didn't take a picture of ourselves at the top because we were eager to move away from the two women pictured here, who were doing some sort of weird Buddhist-type chanting. It was also Happy Hour at Sonic, so we had to hurry along before we missed that. Any guesses what color Daniel's drink was?


Check back soon for pictures of the nursery -- it's dangerously close to being finished!

2 comments:

Dawne C. said...

Wow, Daniel looks really buff in that 1st picture! And your supermodel pose...uh... :) What a good little active prego lady you are- I know Ben will enjoy the outdoors when he is... out... you know what I mean. LOVE YOU 3 Wigintons!

WigintonFamily said...

oh man i am sittin here single moming it and super jealous of your hike and sonic.

good to see you active! and i see you took your "vacation" with you on the hike.

gosh - i just realized you have about a month to go! pack your bags!