CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 25, 2010

All in a fortnight's work

We're home!  I plan to make a post or two about all the fun we had in the last two weeks of travel (don't I always say that?), but first it's important to note that Ben is suddenly becoming a big kid.  Allow me to offer as evidence all the changes he has made recently.

In the last two weeks, Ben has:

*cut two teeth -- and should get two more any day now.

*started making more sounds -- including an s sound and a motorboat sound -- and imitating more of what we say to him.

*figured out (finally!) how to go from his belly to sitting up.

*gotten pretty darn good at pulling up to standing.

*started saying "pat, pat, pat" when he pat-pat-pats things.  This one is particularly adorable.

*eaten several meals of just table food (instead of baby food).


Honestly, I expected this trip to be a little bit miserable since Ben is... um, not easy-going.  But suddenly he was so easy-going!  There were still some less-than-pleasant moments, but I'm in shock that he was such a champ during our travels.  Go, baby Ben!

One more piece of evidence that he's a big boy now:  he pooped in the toilet tonight.  For real.  I stripped him down in his room and was walking to the bathroom to put him in the tub when he started making his (unmistakable, trust me) "poop face."  I wasn't sure what to do -- putting a diaper on for a few seconds seemed dumb.  So I sat him on the toilet, and he went right ahead and did his business there.  I don't know why everyone acts like potty training is so hard.  That was a breeze. ;)

2 comments:

alisha herring said...

Hilarious, girl! I am thinking he is definitely showing signs of "big boyhood!" Amazing the changes...almost seems like overnight doesn't it? Great post!

Gentry said...

That post literally made me laugh out loud. But I'm at work so I am quietly snickering in my cube! ha Also on my blog I posted those picture together by using photobucket.com . You just click on a thing called EZ Collage. It's real simple! I'm so glad ya'll had a good trip!