CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quick thoughts

There are some things I knew I would love about having a baby. I could imagine how wonderful it would be to nap with a little one napping on my chest, for instance (and that feeling does not disappoint!). And while there are certainly some frustrating aspects of motherhood that I didn't really expect, there are also a million little things I didn't know would be so great. Today I am grateful for:

*my baby's milk breath. I know that's weird, but I think it is the sweetest smell!

*the way my baby looks when I unswaddle him to change his diaper in the middle of the night. It's like opening a little package of pure cuteness.

*the noise my baby makes when he thinks he's going to sneeze but it goes away. His whole body exhales - including his little high-pitched voice.

2 comments:

WigintonFamily said...

love it! i will never forget the look on samuel's little newborn face the second he was finished nursing. i would pick him up, and he'd lean his head back, bunch up his tiny fists and close his eyes with this little satisfied half smile (okay so technically not as smile) then flop his head back down. pure satisfaction.

Elly Gilbert said...

It only gets better!!! And then temporarily worse, but then much better again!!! I knew you would be a wonderful mother and I am so glad you are enjoying it!