CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'm not getting paid to endorse these products,

but I would gladly accept free stuff from the companies that make them.

This Fisher Price cradle swing is the only reason anyone in my house has clean clothes to wear. I resisted buying this type of swing because it seemed like it would only be useful for a few months (at best), and I'm too cheap for that. However, I broke down last weekend, and I do not regret it one bit.

My sweet baby boy sleeps a lot during the day, but he really only likes to sleep on me. And while I love, love, LOVE having him sleep on me, it really prohibits me from doing things that are somewhat necessary - like showering. But NO LONGER! I bought this swing for $40 on Craigslist, and it has already been worth every single penny, plus a lot more pennies that I didn't have to spend on it. Ben is snuggled in there all cozy-like, and the swinging and white noise feature totally seal the deal. He sleeps, and I have two hands available to do useful things! Like type this blog!

An added bonus: I couldn't get him to sleep a couple of nights ago, so I put him in the swing and he was out within minutes. Beautiful. If you lived in my house a couple of weeks ago, you would realize how completely revolutionary this is.



And this fancy Baby K'tan baby carrier is my other buyer's remorse-free purchase from this week. It's waaay pricier than what I would normally buy, but another new-mom friend raved about hers, so I caved. And, again, I love it. I had a pouch sling that I liked fairly well, but this sucker is in a whole different league. It is super comfortable to wear, and I don't feel like Ben is going to fall out of it. Don't tell Baby K'tan because they specifically warn you not to do this, but I cooked dinner while wearing Ben in this thing last night. And I've taken a couple of walks while wearing him in it (which is totally kosher).

And since this post was so boring, here's a picture of my baby's cute little face under a cute little hat that his Nana made.

5 comments:

alisha herring said...

So cute! He has a wonderful Nanna! For future reference...a Bumbo is a wonderful thing too! Worth every penny!

WigintonFamily said...

yay for the swing! the battery operated babysitter. i hope he is learning to sleep better at night. gosh, i can not wait to kiss that little head. hurry up thanksgiving!!!!

Dawne C. said...

Hooray for swings- and clean laundry! Is it folded, too? Extra credit, if so. See you guys SOON!!!

Mollyanne said...

I do not consider this post to be boring at all! In fact, I rejoice with you on awesome finds that make life with a newborn easier. Sometimes those seem few and far between, so congrats on having time with your hands free!

Benjamin Campbell said...

What is up with the horrible grimace on the face of the baby in the sling thing? My pastor recently told me that there is a couple in our church who are models (as in really, really, ridiculously good looking). Apparently the husband has recently turned to other endeavors but the wife and their young child do mother/baby modeling. I really want to meet these people because I am very curious to see what they really look like. I am afraid, however, that I will come across as completely rude because I will not be able to take them AT ALL seriously. Every time I think of the fact that they are models, I laugh.