CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Today:

1. I wiped the rear end of a little girl I don't know. I walked into the bathroom at the gym, and she was sitting on the toilet with the stall door wide open. As I walked into my stall, I heard her little voice say, "Hey, excuse me! I need someone to wipe my bottom." After some questioning, I discovered that there was no mom/babysitter/nice kidnapper around to handle this duty (apparently mom dropped her off with the gym's childcare people, which I don't think you're supposed to do... but to be honest, I didn't even know the gym had child care). So I got to do the honors. And then pull up her pants, hold her up to wash her hands, and track down paper towels to dry them.

2. is the last day of my first trimester! I know, right? I really can't complain about the first trimester, given what I hear from other pregnant ladies, but I'm still glad to put it behind me. The past week has been an especially good pregnancy week for me, so I feel like I've already reached some sort of milestone. Here's what I'm loving about this new phase:

*the ability to think about AND EVEN EAT chicken without gagging
*having enough energy to stay up until bedtime (most days)
*the end of my beautiful, hormone-induced pizza face
*the ability to withstand hunger for more than 30 seconds without feeling like I'm going to die

The most awkward part of this phase is that I'm not actually showing yet, but I'm definitely bigger in the belly than I used to be -- so I look like I just finished a really big meal. And my pants feel like I just finished a really big meal. So far, my strategy has been to wash my pants as infrequently as possible so they're nice and stretched out all the time :)

3. I am making the non-binding promise to post two picture-ful posts in the next two weeks. One will have pictures from my family's visit here, and the other will have some before/after pictures of the work my dad did on our house during his visit.

5 comments:

Dawne C. said...

Hooray- LOVE this post! Momma told you that you would feel more human after the 1st 3 months :) Grow, belly, grow...

WigintonFamily said...

Eat it up girl cause these are the best preggo days. Zoo. You'll feel him or her wiggling in there. Did you know you can go to a maternity clothes store and they have different sized pillows you can try on?!

kristenhen said...

A friend of mine LOVED this thing called "Bella Band" during the pre-maternity-pants days. It allows for the pants to be undone if necessary, and looks like a layered shirt underneath your normal shirt. Maybe that would help?

And I have been laughing about "excuse me, will you please wipe my bottom" girl for a couple days straight now. Classic!

Mackenzie said...

I love the story about the little girl! That must have been pretty awkward. I'm trying to imagine myself in that position, and I kind of think I might have pretended to not hear her and go about my business as usual.

I can't wait for your picture post!

barclay said...

you're such a mom in training!!