CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 24, 2009

Not the post I promised,

but maybe a fun one nonetheless?

Soon I'll start posting "Bump Watch 2009" pictures (because there actually is a slightly visible bump now), but I'm not quite ready just yet. And let's pretend I never said in my last post that I was going to post pictures of anything else because I can't seem to locate those pictures. So instead I'm going to show you some of the fun BABY PURCHASES we've made in the last week. Woot!

First and foremost, we bought a lovely set of nursery furniture from Craigslist. Days before that creepy story about the Craigslist Killer came out. Comforting. The sellers of this furniture purchased it, assembled it, and then decided that they wanted something in a different color. So it's essentially new, as no baby has had contact with it yet. And here it is, along with Justin, who has chosen to represent himself as an orange blur:


Next up, some of the fabric that will eventually be our crib bedding, again with an appearance by Justin the Blur:


I'm still missing a couple of fabrics. I ambitiously decided that I know enough nice people who know how to sew that I can make my own crib bedding. Very Martha Stewart, right? Except, like, a Martha with very little actual skill.


And finally, tonight I purchased these (a cute farm book, an animal noise toy, and two Baby Einstein DVD's):


and these (even tougher to see, but that would be two pairs of maternity pants, two maternity shirts, and one maternity dress):


and this (to which Justin the Blur has already given his stamp of approval):




















for a whopping $32 at our church's MOPS Bargain Garden. Again I say, Woot!

9 comments:

Megan said...

Okay! I absolutely LOVE that Justin is sitting in the stroller! That just makes me laugh. I can totally see Emmy doing the same exact thing. :) His litle world is going to be rock come October, right? :)

WigintonFamily said...

i feel like this post is made just for me. or at least i am going to pretend that. i love the fabric - very hip. and i also love the baby furniture. our children never had matching furniture, heck they never really had furniture. and i like that you picked out stuff that can last you for years to come. just in case you need it again :)

maybe asher can test drive that stroller for you.

Dawne C. said...

LOVE the furniture! and the fabric! and the orange blur! AND I didn't realize you got a "See & Say"- I think that's what it's called. YAY for my little g-baby!

Ashley H. said...

The furniture is beautiful! As well as the chosen fabrics! Please keep me informed about any local baby showers and I would be more than happy to add to your stash of baby stuff.

shelmo said...

i'm poor as dirt, but if you tell me what flavor you are having ahead of time i will be sure to shop the baby sales cause i love buying baby clothes. and any kid of bofs is a friend of mine. even if xanga is retarded and doesnt always allow such

shelmo

Mollyanne said...

Thanks for the comment...I'm glad to know you're reading, and slightly embarrassed to admit that I've been blog stalking you for a lot longer than you have me, without ever commenting. But now you know. =)
And you can be jealous of my ultrasound date if I can be jealous of all your awesome baby-related purchases, because we haven't bought anything yet. Deal?

Tina Braswell said...

Hey! It's been awhile, so I've enjoyed catching up a little through your blog. Oct. 2 is my b-day! If you have a girl, I'll let you name her after me... totally kidding! :) Looks like you guys are having fun.

Unknown said...

You're my kind of shopper! I'm tickled with your purchases. Cracks me up that evidently your Craigslist people just knew that the baby would forever hold a grudge toward them for purchasing the wrong color wood for the baby furniture.

And I'm digging the material. I can't wait to see what you create.

Don't you love this stage of the game where you want to tell people that you're pregnant so they don't think that if they see your pants unbuttoned the understand why?! ROFL!!!

WigintonFamily said...

you seriously need to work on your blog updating skilz. it's pretty much a requirement for you now for the next 18 years.

can we see a little belly?