CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

To hold you over until I can organize my thoughts

I have a serious post a-brewin' in my head, but the lure of a Sunday afternoon nap is strong today, and my brain has turned to mush. So until I am able to see straight and form coherent sentences, I'll leave you with some pictures. Hip, hip, hooray!

(l-r) Angela, me, Rebecca, Whitney

These three hott ladies surrounding me are some of my dearest friends. We met each other in Baltimore last weekend to continue our now firmly established Baseball Trip Tradition. Since graduating from high school, we have reunited to see five major league baseball games (Rangers, Royals, Braves, Phillies, Orioles -- in case anyone cares) and to reminisce about old times and stay up-to-date on more recent times. This year, Angela's sister moved her wedding to a Friday so she wouldn't disrupt our already-planned Baseball Trip completely. We take the Tradition seriously.


And I would be remiss if I didn't mention that we LOVED Baltimore. If you haven't been, you should fix that right away. Here's a picture of us preparing to enjoy some very grown-up entertainment on the Inner Harbor.

See? Very grown up.

I'm going to risk becoming overly-sentimental here and say that being with these girls was exactly what my heart needed last weekend. For the past year, I've wrestled with feelings of inadequacy because I was not the life-changing teacher or the perfect minister's wife that I hoped I would be. Besides being disappointed in myself, I have felt as if I were disappointing other people who also expected more of me. So the weekend after an especially challenging week of ministry wifehood, and the weekend before what would have been my first day back to school, it was good to be with girls who know my heart and love me despite my many imperfections.

Okay, that was more than I meant to write. Now I really need a nap.

5 comments:

WigintonFamily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tina Braswell said...

It is wonderful to have friends like this! Treasure those moments. I am reading a book right now "One with the Shepherd: The Trials and Triumphs of a Ministry Marriage", by Mary Sommerville. It's been a great encouragement to me, as one who often struggles with inadequacy and wondering if I'm even doing this right.

barclay said...

i was in baltimore not long ago but didn't have the pleasure of riding a dragon paddleboat...

did you see the american visionary art museum?? that place was great

hope you're well (other than the inadequacy thing...)

Megan said...

You're a rock star, Micah. Don't let anybody tell you differently! :)
Can't wait to hang out over some hot java brew ...
Hugs to you!

Susanna said...

You have been organizing your thoughts for a long time now Micah. It's time for an update! :o)