CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I have insurance, and I'm not afraid to use it.

While Pier 1 is pleasant and allows me to pretend to have decorating skills, it provides me with zero benefits. Unless you count NOT BEING CONSUMED BY MY JOB as a benefit. So I'm trying to take advantage of my medical insurance from the ol' teaching job before it expires at the end of this month.

Last week I went to my doctor and got some drugs I should have started taking months ago. But this week is when the real fun started. I've started visiting a chiropractor because of some nasty tension headaches I've had basically every day for the last year or so. My own remedy of taking handfuls of Ibuprofen every day has worked pretty well, but methinks this is not so good for the internal organs. I have gone to the chiropractor twice since Monday for consultations and x-rays -- and a heavenly 38-minute massage (aaaaaaahhhhh) -- all for the price of a teensy co-pay. And the nice little chiropractor man knows I only have good insurance for a few more weeks, so he assures me that we can get a handle on my headaches by then. And that means more massages. Aaaaaaahhhhh.

2 comments:

Elly Gilbert said...

I think your benefits might be good until October, but I am not sure...check w/ Paula Smith. That little factoid may be a figment of my imagination.

Megan said...

COBRA!!! It's hugely expensive, but well-worth it! Used it while I was laid off ... a blessing, let me just tell you!!! You should have rec'd the paperwork, or you will be soon.