CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cute one-year-old boy

Right after Ben's birthday, he started sleeping incredibly well.  He's never been a horrendous nighttime sleeper, but the past couple of weeks were just heavenly.  And even his naps were easy and long.  But this week?  Well, once again, he's lucky to be cute.  "Protective coloring," my mom calls it.  Here's some evidence:

Last Wednesday we went to Happy Apple Farms.  I let Ben sample an apple and was shocked that he went right to work and ate the whole thing.
 

We didn't end up getting a pumpkin (because I didn't want to carry it all the way back to the car), but here he is sitting by one, still eating the apple.

Then last Friday, we went to an open house at a place called Little Gym.  It's exactly what it sounds like:  a gym for little kids.  
 
 
Ben loved it until one of the workers tried to help him do a forward roll (this is apparently something a twelve-month-old can do?) and he started losing it and we went home.  This was also the first day I stopped nursing him at lunchtime, so that probably contributed to his moodiness.

On Saturday, Daniel and Ben and I went on our favorite easy hike - Mt. Cutler.  I thought we would make it home before naptime, but I was wrong.

And just for fun, I want to share two videos.  Ben is hilarious these days and is gaining new skills all the time, so I'm trying to do better at catching some of it on video.  This is my favorite new trick:

And this one isn't so new, but I still think it's adorable to watch a tiny person climb a giant staircase:
 

I haven't forgotten that I owe you, my loyal readership, a post or two about Ben's birthday.

5 comments:

Brian said...

that gym is paying dividends already, those muscles are impressive. and maybe hiking for naptime is the answer, you get the exercise, he gets a nap.

Dawne C. said...

I don't know that that 20-lb. cutie has much muscle... but he sure looks cute flexxing what he's got!

Mollyanne said...

There is so much cuteness in these pictures that I can hardly stand it. Hope the weaning is going smoothly!

WigintonFamily said...

oh, that shirt is cute on him. wow! he goes up the stairs! can he go down? and by that i mean can he go down safely, not tumbling. we taught asher to go down backwards, and therefore we never really used the baby gates... which i guess we should have left with you. doh!

i love that trick, with the strong muscles. a very unique trick!

asher's new trick is to say "i love you." i am trying to teach him to use words, not grunts. this week he is into grunting in excitement whenever he wants something really really bad. like when he sees a sippy cup and a milk jug coming out of the fridge. or when he sees the galaxy (the car, not the stars in the sky). or daddy. or his special little stuffed dog.

clark has declared that we fix up the house before our next round of company - starting next week and going into november and december. and by fix up, i really mean clean it up and unpack the stray boxes.

is ben already taking whole milk? i can't remember....

love yall. kiss my little ben ben for me.

Elly Gilbert said...

I have a senior project class full of your former students...Rachel, Brittany, etc....and they were talking about you the other day. I am going to show them your pictures!!! They will love it.