CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 21, 2009

Thanks, Gran and Papa Don!

Last Friday night, for the first time since Ben was born, my hubby and I went on a date.  Woohoo!  And we went all out, too, which you sort of need to do when you haven't gone even a little out in three and a half months.

For the past two years, my grandparents (hi, Gran and Papa Don!) have sent us grandkids our Christmas money in advance, and we are supposed to have "show and tell" time when we're all together.  Daniel and I decided to use our Christmas money to go on the above-mentioned date.  And since we don't have any tangible evidence for show and tell (besides our slightly larger waistlines), I thought I would show some pictures here.



Unfortunately, that's the only one we remembered to take.  But as you can see, we got all fancied up.  What you can't see is that we went here:



That would be the Mona Lisa fondue restaurant in Manitou Springs.  Allow me to take this opportunity to say how kind my husband is for taking me there, as he is not such a fan of the institution of the fondue restaurant.  I, however, could happily live the rest of my life on nothing but cheese fondue and small bits of real food to dip in it.

Despite our lack of photographic evidence, we had a great time and ate lots of yummy food.  So, once again, THANK YOU to Gran and Papa Don for this treat!  Any Christmas gift that allows me to eat cheesecake dipped in melted chocolate gets two thumbs up from me :)

(If you were expecting to see Ben pictures in this update, don't miss the post below.)

3 comments:

Daniel said...

For the record, I do enjoy the cheese and chocolate portions of the fondue restaurant experience. The part I don't like is that the money I pay them apparently isn't enough for them to cook my meat for me.

Dawne C. said...

Woo- you look thin and shapely :) Both of you. And beautiful!

WigintonFamily said...

so i guess this means Ben had his very first babysitter?

i have never been to a fondu place. but this makes me want to go to one very badly while we live a land where such places exist.